This is an informational piece that everyone should read. This is not a debate of right or wrong, but one of common sense thinking. Remember first and foremost, Measles and Mumps are viruses. Most adults today that were children in the 50, 60, and 70’s had contracted Measles and the Mumps and are just fine today. Just like the flu, Chicken Pox, and the common cold. All Viruses are within the air and surrounding us every second of the day. Viruses have never been eradicated and never will be. It does not matter if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated, you are surrounded with these daily in our air.
We do not become overrun by viruses and become infected. We become ill because our immune system is not responding optimally and we are left vulnerable. Pure and Simple. People who are vaccinated also get Measles.
What can we do? Keep your body healthy if you do not want to be sick.
Here are the ways to do this:
- Get enough rest 7-8 hours of sleep at night. This reduces stress on the body, reduces cortisol (immunosuppressant), re-energizes and heals our body. Children need over 8 hrs. of sleep.
- Eat Healthy. Eat from the periphery of the grocery store. Fruits, Vegetables, Meats, dairy, and drink more water. Eat less pre-packaged food. Definitely less sugar.
- Keep your skin moisturized and healthy. Our skin is our first line of defense and our largest organ.
- See your Chiropractor. Chiropractic Adjustments affects your nervous system. Every cell in your body has a direct connection to your nervous system. Chiropractic makes your bodies operate at its highest capacity, resist infection by boosting your immunity, and reduces stress.
- Reduce your stress in all avenues in your life, (Diet, Emotional, Physical, and Visual). New evidence shows that the wave length of blue light emitted from electronics (phones, tablets, TV, computer) reduces serotonin (feel good hormone) levels in the brain.
- Take additional Supplements:
a. Vitamin C: Take an additional 1000+ mg/day. Vitamin C is used in every cell process, and it is depleted within our body during illness.
b. Vitamin D3: 5,000 I.U. /day.
c. Probiotic: This keeps our gut lining healthy, improves nutrient absorption, and this is a primary organ where our immunity also comes from.
- If you get a fever, do not reduce it unless it is above 104 degrees. And never use Aspirin when you have a fever. Your body is defending itself by burning the infection out.
These are just a few helpful hints to keep all of you well this time of year. But it is also guidelines to follow all year long to maintain your health and prevent illness.
Yours in wellness,